Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is the Hoth Rebel Soldier. Not to be confused with Hoth Rebel Scout, HR Soldier is another Rebel character who is often overlooked due to having little use in the game to date. However, that is expected to change with the launch of SWGoH’s new game mode Territory Battles.
While Hoth Rebel Soldier is not one I have used a lot due to his bland kit, I suspect we will see him get a rework before Territory Battles begins if indeed he is needed for special battles or missions.
Main Focus: Survivability. Hoth Rebel Soldier is a character that is designed to draw enemy fire to protect his teammates, so the focus should be on keeping him alive as long as possible with defense, health and protection.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Potency and Critical Chance. I am going with Speed here simply because it is so important in this game and the goal of any taunting tank is to get them to taunt as soon as possible, thus adding speed to Hoth Rebel Soldier is a must given his snail-like 98 base speed. His basic can inflict the Offense Down debuff on any non-Critical hit and will inflict it on any Critical hit so both Potency and Critical Chance are also areas to focus. One could make the argument for Critical Damage, but with HR Soldier being a low offense toon, I would recommend saving your high CD triangles for characters who can hit significantly harder.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Hoth Rebel Soldier:
Health, Defense, Potency and Critical Chance mods all make sense for Hoth Rebel Soldier, so here is my recommended approach for his mods:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, potency, speed and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed primary – all other stats gained are bonus, but defensive stats are preferred
- Processor (Diamond) – Potency mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, defense and protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Defense mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Defense mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg