Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is one of the newest characters in the game and one of the most well-known heroes of the Star Wars saga – Leia Organa, only this time as Rebel Officer Leia Organa, aka ROLO. Available only from beating a Special Mission in Phase 3 of Territory Battles – Hoth, you must first have Captain Han Solo unlocked and at 5-stars to even earn shards of ROLO. I was able to test her out extensively in my QA/dev account as part of the SWGoH GameChangers program with EA/CG before unlocking her and using her regularly in LSTB on my personal account. Her kit is rather straightforward which will be reflected below, so let’s look at the best mods for ROLO.
Main Focus: Speed. Ignore this fact on 95% of the SWGoH characters and you will lose and likely dislike the game. If you want to be competitive, put as much Speed as possible on your characters through the secondary stats on your mods, and focus on getting ROLO up from her base Speed of 152 to 190 or above.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Potency and survivability. I have tested ROLO out with the standard 150% CD and high CC, and with a lower CC and higher CD and the conclusion I have come to is to go for the higher damage. At gear 7 I found that ROLO hits like a feather, so after getting her to Gear 9 and changing the mods from CC & Potency to CC & CD, I found that the AoE Snowspeeder special attack, Rebel Barrage, hits like a mix of Wedge’s AoE Red Squadron Strike and Boba Fett’s Death From Above given the Ability Block chance. Note that the attack reads “deal physical damage 10 times to random enemy targets,” so this would mathematically be more powerful against a smaller number of enemies than it would at the beginning of a battle – something to think about. Potency will help her basic land Buff Immunity, and that AoE will land the Ability Block debuff on targets it hits more than once, both of which can be a huge help in Territory Battles. So my final decision was to focus on CC & CD first, then Potency and add some survivability afterwards. Finally, the CC/CD focus will be even more valuable once you use a Zeta ability material on her Dauntless unique as ROLO gains 35% Offense (stacking) until the end of her next turn.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Critical Damage & Critical Chance. While I do not disagree with this assessment, be sure to focus on strong Speed secondaries as I feel the in-game mod recommendations, and other online resources, are incredibly vague and do not properly cover the mod stats that need to be enhanced in a game as complex as SWGoH.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH ROLO:
I recommend the use of four Critical Damage and two Critical Chance mods on ROLO with as much Speed as possible. Thus, here is my recommended approach for mods on Rebel Officer Leia Organa, aka ROLO:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed primary – any other stats gained are a bonus but work toward potency and critical chance
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with +36% Critical Damage – any other stats gained are a bonus but work toward speed and critical chance
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Chance mod with primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on offense, speed, critical chance and potency
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg