Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is one of the most well-known heroes of the Star Wars saga – Yoda. Known originally as a little green hermit puppet from The Empire Strikes Back, we were witness to some of Yoda’s greatness, and failings, during Episodes 1-3 and in The Clone Wars. Known as Grand Master Yoda in SWGoH, he is obtainable through one of the game’s Legendary Events, the Grand Master’s Training event, using a team of five Jedi to unlock him at 5 stars or upgrade to 6 or 7 stars.
Main Focus: Speed. Yoda has been one of the fastest characters in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes since he was introduced to the game, and at the time of his June 2018 rework Grand Master Yoda was tied for the 11th fastest in SWGoH with a base speed of 169. My recommendation is to build on that strength by making him (force) lightning fast. Getting him over 200 should be relatively easy with 250+ as the goal for endgame players of SWGoH.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Tenacity, Critical Chance and survivability. Looking at his second special, Unstoppable Force, it can remove 70% Turn Meter, so high Potency will help this attack be more effective. Yoda does grant Tenacity Up using the Battle Meditation special, but additional Tenacity is not a bad idea to keep him from Ability Block and Buff Immunity debuffs. While his ability to gain Foresight using his basic attack is nice, Yoda remains quite squishy so I recommend adding to his survivability with Protection first, then Health and Defense. Finally, the addition to his leadership’s Zeta ability grants Jedi allies Critical Chance and Critical Damage Up when they resist a debuff, so additional CC is a wise move given his high Tenacity and granting of Tenacity Up.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Grand Master Yoda:
I recommend the use of a set of four Speed mods along with a set of two Tenacity, Health or Critical Chance mods on Grand Master Yoda with as much Speed as possible. Choosing between Tenacity, Health or Critical Chance can be based on your best combination of mods on your roster and high speed secondaries. Thus, here is my recommended approach for mods on Grand Master Yoda:
- Transmitter (Square) – Speed mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, protection, critical chance and tenacity
- Receiver (Arrow) – Tenacity mod with +30 speed primary – any other stats gained are a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Speed mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Speed mod with a primary focus on critical chance or protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Speed mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Tenacity mod with +24% potency – any other stats gained are a bonus, but a high speed secondary is a must
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg