One of the game’s Legendary Events, the Grand Master’s Training event is the chance to unlock Grand Master Yoda, one of the top characters in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes.
Recommended Squads – Grand Master’s Training Event
- Early level players are likely limited to easily-farmed characters such as Qui-Gon Jinn, Ahsoka Tano, Kanan Jarrus, Mace Windu and Luminara Unduli.
- If you use the lineup above I would recommend QGJ as the leader as he grants all Jedi extra speed, and with the right mods on Qui-Gon he can be very fast and much more durable. Don’t worry about a Zeta Material on QGJ just yet – this is for high-level play and certainly not necessary to unlock Grand Master Yoda.
- Other good characters to farm for the Yoda event who prove useful later on are Jedi Knight Anakin (JKA), Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben), Ezra Bridger and more.
- For those with JKA, his lead provides a nice extra offensive boost. Anakin in any lineup has good speed, great damage on basic and his AOE can grant offense up. What’s best about JKA is his basic can inflict buff immunity – with enough potency this can cripple Yoda before he gets going.
- Luminara is a nice one to include for her heal and ability block and she’s a step up from the Jedi Consular.
- Consider Aayla Secura if she is an option for her stun ability and counter with chance of assist. Her special also does quite a bit of damage.
Strategy – Grand Master’s Training Event
Like most battles in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, the Chopping Down the Forest method is always a good strategy. When applicable, start from left to right and take out each opponent leaving the boss (Yoda) for last in most cases.
For the 7-star unlock, when the battle starts assess things first and see who is helping him out. If a healer is accompanying Yoda (Luminary, Barriss Offee, Jedi Consular) take them out first and then take out the other helper. If Barriss is there, one popular method is to hit her until she is in the yellow/red and when she uses her heal ability it will actually pull health away from Yoda to heal her. Timed right, you can gain a huge advantage.
When possible, try to land debuffs on Yoda, like Buff Immunity from Anakin or Ability Block with Luminara’s special attack. If Yoda gets his Tenacity Up you will not be able to stun him or land other debuffs and his tenacity is already very high. He gains turn meter when he kills an opponent or uses his basic attack, so keep everyone in the green if possible as timing heals is important.
Special thanks to Chewbaccalypse & X’lor Skysolo from the MyWookieSteakIsChewie Guild for helping refresh my memory on the event details and Sparrow from the Black Sun Guild for help on the strategy!