Welcome to another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be Darth Sidious, a strong Free To Play (FTP) Dark Side character who is an easy farm in the Squad Arena Store. Featuring a basic that can inflict Healing Immunity and a powerful AoE attack that can land Expose, Darth Sidious is a popular choice to unlock an utilize early in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, although we do not suggest it. His value for higher-level players is in an all-Sith squad and a Zeta Ability was added in 2017 to strengthen his Survivability.
Main Focus: Speed. With a base Speed of 161, Darth Sidious is one of the fastest in the game and thus, Speed mods are a wise investment here. Getting him well over 200 Speed should not be a major challenge if he is one of your primary characters.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Survivability, Critical Chance and Critical Damage. Potency is key for Darth Sidious both his basic and special attacks can place debuffs on his enemies. Survivability is very important with Sidious since he is quite squishy, so aim for increased defense, health and protection secondary stats from your mods. Health is the most important of these because he recovers 20% of his Max Health whenever an enemy until is defeated. Investing into Critical Chance and Critical Damage is important to have him hit harder, but if you choose to use him as a leader the value goes up significantly. All allies gain 15% CC and 30% CD when he is the Leader, so it all depends on how you plan to use Sidious.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Darth Sidious:
Darth Sidious was one of my first 7-star characters in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes back in the days before mods, and his abilities can be enhanced significantly with mods. Use of a Speed or Critical Damage set are both good choices for Sidious, however due to my roster’s very high number of CD mods (I farm them daily) I am going with the a 4-mod CD set and a 2-mod CC set. Thus, here are my recommendations for the best mods for Darth Sidious:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with offense primary and a focus on speed, defense, health and potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed (if you can get health, critical chance or potency as well that is a huge bonus)
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with defense primary and a focus on speed, potency, health and critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Chance mod with +36% critical damage (if you can get critical chance or potency as well that is a huge bonus)
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with health primary and a focus on speed, defense, critical chance and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with +24% potency (if you can get critical chance or speed as well that is a huge bonus)