Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is the star of Solo: A Star Wars Story – Young Han Solo. While there are similarities to the other Han Solos in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, this version of Han has a new buff called Prepared that appears to build a nice synergy between Young Han Solo, Vandor Chewbacca and others who have yet to be added from the new movie. Let’s take a look at the early thoughts on the best mods for Young Han Solo.
Main Focus: Speed is the necessary evil in SWGoH, but Young Han Solo is one of those characters that just does not need a huge Speed number to be effective. I have tested him out in a most areas of the game and his value seems to come from his Ready for Anything unique – “While Prepared, Han has 70% chance to Assist another Scoundrel ally’s attack during their turn.” Add in his Upper Hand special ability which not only gives him +50 Speed (stacking up to +200), but also grants him Retribution for 2 turns, and Protection Up of 100%. As he gains Protection from his Just In Time special, so it would be wise to make Protection your biggest area of focus.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Offense and more Survivability. Since Han’s going to take some hits, additional survivability in the forms of Health and Defense are a good move. Like the other Hans in the game, high CC and CD will make him hit harder as will additional offense, but factor in that under a Qi’ra lead all scoundrels get 20% extra CC. His Ready for Anything unique adds stacking +10% Offense and CC until the end of the battle meaning that this is a character that has potential for huge numbers in long battles like HAAT and the HSTR.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Offense & Critical Chance.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Young Han Solo:
I recommend the use of two Critical Chance and four Critical Damage mods on Young Han with solid Speed, but the major secondary stat focus on Protection. While a set of four Offense mods are also an option to consider, I like the CD mods better. Thus, here is my recommended approach for mods on Young Han Solo:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, offense and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed primary – any other stats gained are a bonus, but a high protection stat is preferred. NOTE: YHS is a character where that rare arrow with a Protection or Offense primary and a double digit Speed could work out well.
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, offense and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with +36% Critical Damage – any other stats gained are a bonus, but a high protection stat is preferred
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Chance mod with primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, offense and protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with primary focus on offense or protection and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, offense and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg