Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Added to the game around the time of the launch of the Rancor Raid in SWGoH, Gamorrean Guard is one of those characters that really has no place to fit in. He is a tank and is categorized into the Scoundrel faction, but has no real synergies to speak of and, outside of having the highest base Health in the game, is rather unexceptional. Unlike other characters like Hoth Rebel Scout and Soldier, Pao, Snowtrooper and others who have seen their importance grow thanks to new game content, I do not envision how or when Gamorrean Guard could become more relevant in SWGoH, but we will review the best mods for GG nonetheless.
Main Focus: Survivability in the forms of Health, Protection and Defense. Gamorrean Guard was created for one purpose and one purpose only – to absorb attacks and keep them off of his allies. His Muscle In special grants him Taunt and Protection equal to 20% of his Max Health while taunting, so Health is obvious here. Since his role is to absorb hits, additional Defense and Protection are good choices as well.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Speed and more survivability. Potency makes his basic, Hack and Slash, as well as his second special, Punch Through, more effective given both land debuffs. The former can land two Damage Over Time effects while the latter can Expose the enemy. Speed is a necessary focus since everyone in SWGoH needs Speed to get to their turn and be effective. Finally, I cannot express the need for survivability enough given Gamorrean Guard’s kit, so build him up if you have him maxed and plan to use him significantly on your roster.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Gamorrean Guard:
Gamorrean Guard has a straight-forward mod setup for the most part, with a strong focus on survivability. Depending on how your prioritize him on your roster, I recommend Health mods first, then Defense or Potency mods. Thus here is my ideal mod setup for Gamorrean Guard:
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection, and defense
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection, and tenacity
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on health, protection, potency and defense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with a primary focus on health or defense and a secondary focus on health, protection, potency and defense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on defense, protection, potency and speed
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Potency mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, tenacity, protection, and potency (this could also be a +24% potency with strong defense, health and protection secondaries)
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg