Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well of your gameplay.
Today’s character to review mods for will be the Bounty Hunter Jango Fett. Added to SWGoH in September 2018 after the game had been around for nearly 3 years, fans had clamored to see Jango Fett in-game for months leading up to his introduction. Jango Fett has a solid kit that scales well into the higher Gear and Relic levels and is a fantastic member of many Bounty Hunter teams in SWGoH, but he is not limited to just Bounty Hunters. Jango Fett also has the Separatist tag putting him in-play for more Territory Battles on Geonosis, and the newly-added Mandalorian tag that was added in January 2021. Let’s take a look at the best mods for Jango Fett to enhance his abilities.
Main Focus: Speed. Despite the efforts of the Mods 2.0 update to lessen the impact and value of Speed in SWGoH, Speed is still king. His base Speed is 178 at Gear 13, so he starts off as one of the faster characters in the game, and given his strong kit you could consider using a set of four Speed mods on Jango Fett for a 10% Speed boost. If not, go with a Critical Damage set of four with very high Speed secondaries.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Potency, Health and Protection. Jango Fett has a high Critical Chance, 52.08% at Gear 13 and 86% at Relic 7, and when they gain Bounty Hunter’s Resolve all Bounty Hunters get a +25% CC boost. With the high CC and CD focus, added Offense is not a bad idea, but Potency would be a better focus. High Potency is going to help his Shrapnel Blast and Conflagration specials land the debuffs needed to make his basic hit harder. Finally, when you look to survivability, focus on Health and Protection. While Health is wise because his Notorious Reputation unique grants him +50% Max Health, if used with other Mandalorians under The Armorer’s lead, he will gain +200% Protection Up, a stat based on Max Health. Additional Protection will also help him tremendously under a Bossk or a The Armorer lead. The Armorer grant Protection recovery under her lead while Bossk grants all Bounty Hunters +50% Max Protections from his lead.
In-game Mod Suggestions: Critical Damage & Critical Chance. I think Potency is more important here than CC, especially when you get into the higher Relic levels.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Jango Fett:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. I am still not convinced if a Speed set is better than a Critical Damage set so I am putting both options in the suggestions below. The key is boosting the Potency and Speed as well to maximize Jango Fett’s kit, so here are my recommendations for mods on Jango Fett in SWGoH:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Speed/Critical Damage mod with speed primary and a secondary focus on health, potency and protection
- Processor (Diamond) – Speed/Critical Damage mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with critical damage primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection and potency
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Speed/Critical Damage mod with health or protection primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Speed/Critical Damage mod with potency primary and a secondary focus on speed, health and critical chance or protection