Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well of your gameplay.
Today’s toon to review mods for is one of the stars of Solo: A Star Wars Story – female droid L3-37. Listed in-game as a Scoundrel, Droid and Tank on the Light Side, she has a nice synergy with both the Scoundrel and Droid factions. Let’s take a look at what we feel are the best mods for L3-37.
Main Focus: Survivability. Keeping L3-37 alive is the key and Health is the main stat we want to focus on to maximize her kit. When L3 is prepared, she gains +10% Max Health (stacking) until the end of the encounter from her basic, Daring Advance and she heals all Scoundrel and Droid allies for 50% of her Max Health with her Spark of Hope special which also taunts. Finally, with a Zeta on her unique, For the Droids, the first time a Droid ally is reduced to 1% Health, they equalize Health with L3-37, so keeping her Health numbers high will benefit you in multiple ways. While these are great abilities to point out, L3-37 is also often used alongside Galactic Legend Rey as a tank to protect the Sequel Trilogy star. Health continues to be the main focus given Rey grants all Light Side allies +30% Max Health from her leadership.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Speed and more Survivability. Since L3-37’s going to take some hits, additional survivability in the forms of Defense and Protection are a good move (in addition to the high Health above). Protection is key to this given she has +25% Max Protection from her Self Modification unique, so making this stat higher just makes the math work in your favor. Her basic, Daring Advance, can inflict the Defense Down debuff, and you will need some Potency to make sure the debuff sticks. Since she is a tank that taunts you’re going to use L3 to absorb hits and protect your attackers. Thus, high Defense and Protection (along with Health above) will greatly increase her survivability. Finally, a little Tenacity is never a bad thing for a tank to keep debuffs away and added Offense will help the potential counter attacks from L3-37 hit harder.
In-game Mod Suggestions: Health. While I cannot disagree with the recommendation of Health mods on L3-37, I used to recommend looking for high Health secondaries on your Defense mods that have a little Speed or very high secondary stats. The value of Defense mods greatly increased with Mods 2.0, but as the game had evolved Defense continues to be less valuable. As a result go all-in on Health for L3-37.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH L3-37:
I recommend the use of either two sets of two Health mods and a set of two Defense mods OR two sets of two Defense mods and a set of two Health mods for L3-37. Be sure to focus your secondary stats on Health, Speed, Defense, Potency and Protection, and if you can get a little bit of Tenacity and Offense that is great too. Thus, here is my recommended approach for mods on L3-37:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on health, speed, defense and potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with speed or health primary – any other stats gained are a bonus. NOTE: L3-37 is a character where that rare arrow with a Health or Defense primary and a double digit Speed could work out well.
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on health, speed, offense and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on tenacity, defense, health and protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with a primary focus on health or protection primary and a secondary focus on speed, potency, health and protection
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg
Revised October 2020, LJ, Director of Content