Welcome to the best mods for Lord Vader, the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at how to best use mods for SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Today’s character to review mods for will be for Lord Vader, the 6th Galactic Legend character in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. Released in September 2021, Lord Vader is a Dark Side Attacker, Galactic Legend and Leader, and a member of both the Empire and Sith factions. Our walkthrough guide is live for Lord Vader, so let’s take a look at which mods will best enhance his kit for SWGoH success.
Main Focus: Speed. Speed is a must on 95% of the Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes collection, and given the high Speed stats for Galactic Legends and the fact that Lord Vader is an Attacker, speeding him up like Supreme Leader Kylo Ren or Jedi Master Kenobi is the logical choice. All Galactic Legend characters in SWGoH have base Speeds ranging from 365-398, while the fastest non-GL character in the game is at 198, so the 15% boost from a set of four Speed mods is far greater for these elite characters. Lord Vader comes in hot at 390 – the third highest Speed of the six Galactic Legends at the time of this writing.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Offense and Health. Potency will help land debuffs as always, and given his role as an attacker, additional Offense, Critical Chance and Critical Damage make a lot of sense to ensure he is hitting hard. Lord Vader is a dealer of Physical Damage and has the highest Physical Damage stat in the game, so keep this in mind when looking for secondary mod stats to ensure his Offense, CC and CD are high. Adding as much Health is wise as all Galactic Legends have some element of Health built into their kits that makes them extra survivable.
In-game Mod Recommendations: TBD.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Lord Vader:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. If you target Speed, Offense, Potency, CC, CD and Health through the mods you should be able to maximize Lord Vader’s kit. While I am suggesting a Speed set, and Offense set with awesome Speed secondary stats is also an option. Here are my recommendations for the best mods for Lord Vader:
- Transmitter (Square) – Speed/Offense mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and critical chance or potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Speed/Offense mod with speed primary and a secondary focus on health, critical chance, potency and offense
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, potency, health and offense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with critical damage primary and a secondary focus on speed, potency, health and offense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Speed/Offense mod with health primary and a secondary focus on speed, potency, offense and health
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Speed/Offense mod with health or offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and offense
Image Credit: EA Capital Games