Welcome to the latest article in a series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. As your guest reviewer I cannot claim to have definitive answers but all toons I’ve written guides for have been maxed out, modded and tested to the best of my abilities.
Today’s toon to review mods for is one of the earliest must have toons in the game, B2 Super Battle Droid. For a long time locked in chromium bundles, B2 can nowadys be found and farmed in the cantina, node 6D. B2 is a tank who soaks up damage and turns it into turn meter and in return strips the enemy of buffs. A look at his kit shows that his basic attack, HEAVY ARMS, lands evasion down as well as physical damage. His special, MOW DOWN, is an AoE attack, physical damage once again but also removes all buffs & has a 65% chance to inflict buff immunity for 2 turns. Finally, his unique, RELENTLESS BARRAGE, gives him a 40% chance to gain a full 100% turn meter whenever an ally has their attack evaded or an ally takes damage.
Main Focus: Survivability. B2’s main roll is to pop his Turn Meter and hit the enemy with a mass debuff. This is great for ruining R2-D2’s smokescreen defense or removing all those health buffs Chirrut and others like to give everyone. Ideally, you want to do this as often as possible so keeping Health & Protection up means he lasts longer.
Additional Areas to Focus: Given B2’s unique ability there’s no need to add Speed mods or look for high Speed secondries. Against AoE teams in GW or Dark Side Territory Battles his TM will fill constantly giving ample opportunity to debuff the opposition. What he needs is a steady does of Potency to help his debuffs stick & Tenacity is a good idea so he doesn’t get ability blocked. Both of these stats start quite high before mods are added so you can afford to look for more Health primaries over either. B2 doesn’t hit for big damage either so some good Offense secondaries are a nice bonus but not essential as he’s really a big debuff bot.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Potency. I have a hard time agreeing with this seeming general “Potency” recommendation. Our recommendations are above so I would suggest that a truly well-modded B2 Super Battle Droid will not just focus on Potency alone.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH B2 Super Battle Droid:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. I recommend the use of two Health sets and a Potency set on B2. Thus, here is my preferred mod setup:
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with a offense primary and a secondary focus on protection/health/tenacity/offense.
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with protection primary and a secondary focus on health/defense/offense/tenacity.
- Processor (Diamond) – Potency mod with a defense primary and a secondary focus on health/protection/tenacity/offense.
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with a health primary and a secondary focus on protection/potency/tenacity/offense.
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with a health or protection primary focus and a secondary focus on protection/potency/defense/tenacity
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with a potency primary and a secondary focus on health/protection//defense/tenacity
By Mothman of Descendants of the Empire
Gaming-fans.com Staff Writer
Updated by LJ, 09.06.18
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg