Welcome to the best mods for Boba Fett, Scion of Jango, the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the top mods for SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used and studied every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Today’s character to review mods for will be for Boba Fett, Scion of Jango, the prize of Conquest 10-12 in Galaxy of Heroes. The famed Bounty Hunter made his return in Season 2 of The Mandalorian and, after helping Din Djarin and the crew return The Child back to the Jedi, was seen taking over Jabba The Hutt’s old palace as The Book of Boba Fett was announced. In SWGoH, Boba Fett, Scion of Jango is the second release of Boba Fett in-game and will be unlocked by players for the first time staring in January of 2022, myself included. Let’s take a look at which mods will best enhance Boba Fett, Scion of Jango’s kit for SWGoH success.
Main Focus: Offense feels like the best route to take with Boba Fett, Scion of Jango on paper (well, digital screen). Yes, he will want a strong CC/CD focus as well, but the added +50% Offense from him unique and +25% Offense from his Bounty Hunter Contract Payout will pair incredibly well with a Critical Damage-focused triangle with a high Speed secondary stat.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Offense, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Potency and survivability in the forms of Health and Protection. Boba Fett SoJ’s Fett Legacy unique is key to his kit – he starts with +50% Offense and Bounty Hunter’s Resolve, and gains 5% turn meter for each stack of Momentum he gains. Critical hits will grant him an additional stack of Momentum, so you’re going to want to build on his base Physical CC of just over 59% at Gear 13, and just over 77% at Relic 7. With any character with a high Crit Chance, you want to pair that with high Critical Damage, so while the triangle is a must, the extra attacks, added offense and +40% CD when he is a leader and debuffed are fantastic. Speed is highly important to all in SWGoH, and Boba Fett, Scion of Jango will grant +30 Speed to all Bounty Hunters when he is in the Leader slot with an Omicron ability added, and this will pair well with his +5% TM gain each time he gains a stack of Momentum. Potency will help him land Damage Over Time debuffs with his Bounty Breaker special, and adding Health and Protection will fit nicely, especially when he is used as a leader.
In-game Mod Recommendations: TBD. I expect Offense or a blend of CC and CD to be the recommendations, and I feel that some combination of CC/CD and Offense will make BFSoJ deadly.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Boba Fett, Scion of Jango:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. If you target offensive stats through the mods you should be able to get a lot out of the new Boba. Here are my recommendations for the best mods for Boba Fett, Scion of Jango:
- Transmitter (Square) – Offense mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and potency or critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Offense mod with speed primary and a secondary focus on health, offense and critical chance
- Processor (Diamond) – Offense mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Offense mod with critical damage or critical chance primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and critical chance
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Chance mod with health or protection primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, critical chance and potency or health/protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Chance mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, critical chance and potency or health/protection
Image Credits: EA Capital Games & SWGoH.gg