Welcome to the best mods for the Merrin, the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at how to best mod sets for each SWGoH character. While we do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, we do our own research and have used every character we write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Merrin, another character that many casual Star Wars fans would not know, was one of three new SWGoH characters added from EA’s popular Jedi Fallen Order video game just before the release of Jedi: Survivor in late April 2023. Merrin is one of the last known living Nightsisters of Dathomir and joins Cal Kestis and his team aboard the Mantis, and stays with the crew through the next several years per the canon novel Battle Scars. In SWGoH she is a Nightsister lifter unit who will have a strong impact on this faction. Let’s take a look at which mods will best enhance Merrin’s kit in Galaxy of Heroes.
Main focus: Potency. Merrin is on this team to enhance the Nightsister faction and applying more Plague is key to the team’s success, especially the attacks of Mother Talzin. Note that Talzin’s lead does grant Nightsister allies +50% Potency, and Merrin is already one of the game’s best in base Potency at 106% at Gear 13, so hitting 150% or higher is definitely within reach with solid mods.
Secondary Focus: Health, Tenacity and additional survivability. All of the Nightsisters benefit from added Health as a result of the healing effects of Old Daka, Asajj Ventress, Talia and Nightsister Zombie. While Defense and Protection are not bad stats to enhance, I would focus on Health as the main survivability stat to build up. Offensively Merrin is not terribly impressive, so there’s no need to go out of your way for Offense, CC or CD. Merrin does have a base Tenacity of 115%, second highest in the game, so adding to this will keep negative status effects (debuffs) off of her so she can gain buffs and use her special abilities.
Speed Priority: 1/10 – Merrin is not a character you need to put Speed on, and if anything you should avoid Speed when you can. She comes with a base Speed of 151 which is pretty irrelevant as she has her Speed set to 0 when Merrin has any allies.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Health, Potency and Tenacity. All three of these make sense, but again, Merrin has a Top 5 base Potency and Tenacity stat and gains Potency from a Mother Talzin lead, so she will already be quite potent.
Ideal Mod Setup for Merrin:
Maximizing stats is the goal of how we use mods and the reason I write these articles and have for 5+ years. For Merrin, she is here to enhance the Nightsister faction and add more Plague to the battle. Focus on all three stats the devs recommend – Health, Potency & Tenacity. Here is my recommendation for the best mod approach for Nightsister Merrin:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health/Potency mod with Offense primary and a secondary focus on health, potency, tenacity and defense or protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health/Potency mod with Health primary and a secondary focus on health, potency, tenacity and defense or protection
- Processor (Diamond) – Health/Tenacity mod with Defense primary and a secondary focus on health, potency, tenacity and defense or protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health/Tenacity mod with Health primary and a secondary focus on health, protection, tenacity and defense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency/Tenacity mod with Health primary and a secondary focus on health, protection, tenacity and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Potency/Tenacity mod with Health or Potency primary and a secondary focus on health, defense, protection and tenacity
Image Credits: EA Capital Games & SWGoH.gg