Welcome to the latest article in a series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be the new leader of the Nightsisters, Mother Talzin. A character who has been asked for by the fan base for months, the wait has paid off as Talzin comes following the October 2017 Nightsisters rework along with Nightsister Spirit and Nightsister Zombie. Shards of Mother Talzin were first made available through the Defense of Dathomir Special Event and the Rituals of Revenge Marquee Event, both of which debuted in October 2017.
Through the SWGoH GameChangers program I have been able to evaluate and test out Mother Talzin in my QA/dev account and my best mods recommendations for Mother Talzin are below.
Main Focus: Every character needs Speed in this game and Mother Talzin joins the rest of the SWGoH universe. Her base Speed is solid, but not high – 122 – so it depends on how serious you are about using Mother Talzin and a Nightsister team. If you are looking for Arena dominance you should get this number up above 200 and put nothing but top-tier 5-dot mods on her. However, if you are just building a strong Nightsister team to add depth to your roster and play around with, I would put the emphasis on both Potency and Speed and save your best Speed secondaries for the Squad Arena team.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency & survivability. Mother Talzin’s ability to inflict Plague on her basic means she is incredibly powerful, and you need Potency to help increase the chances of inflicting detrimental effects on your enemies. However, if used as a Leader make sure you note that even at level 7 (without the Zeta Ability), Mother Talzin grants Nightsister allies +50% Potency, so once you get close to 50% on her or any other Nightsister you plan to run with her, there’s no need to waste your top mods just to get higher Potency at that point. Outside of Speed and Potency, additional survivability in the forms of Health first, then Defense and Protection are always a plus. I specifically state Health first because of the healing effects of other Nightsisters, specifically Old Daka and Talia, which do not impact or recover Protection, only Health for their allies.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Mother Talzin:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. Mother Talzin has a very interesting kit which is not as straightforward as many other SWGoH toons. Because Health mods are the most easily obtained in the game and work well toward my end goal, I have chosen to go with 4 Health mods and 2 Potency mods for the new Nightsisters leader. Thus, here is my preferred mod setup for Mother Talzin:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, defense and potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Potency mod with +30 speed – all other stats gained are bonus, but work toward health and potency secondaries
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, health and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, offense, protection and potency
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, offense, protection and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, potency, protection and defense