Welcome to the best mods for Paz Vizsla – the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mod sets & stats for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only options for modding this character. However we look to help players maximize their rosters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well with your gameplay.
Today’s character to review mods for will be Paz Vizsla, the new Mandalorian tank added to enhance the Light Side Mandalorians in October 2023. Vizsla is one of the Mandalorians who assisted Din Djarin in multiple seasons of The Mandalorian and had a large role in Season 3 of the hit show on Disney Plus. Let’s take a look at what mods will best enhance Paz Vizsla in Galaxy of Heroes.
Main Focus: Defense. Paz Vizsla is a defensive monster. While his Health and Protection stats will be discussed below, I suggest Defense first thanks to his Legacy of House Vizsla unique which adds 10% Defense for each Mandalorian ally, 15% for each Light Side Mandalorian ally and 10% Defense per stack of Resilient Defense he has on him. Because he starts with a base Defense stat that is already tied for 12th best in the game, it is the stacking added Defense that pushes Defense to the top of the pack.
Additional Areas to Focus: Survivability in the forms of Health and Protection, plus Tenacity, Potency and Offense. Adding Health and Protection will only help Paz Vizsla be even tankier, and while his base Protection stat is tied for the 5th highest base Protection in the game, it is once again his awesome Legacy of House Vizsla unique that places Health close to Defense on the priority list. Like above, Paz gains 10% Health for each Mandalorian ally and 15% for each Light Side Mandalorian ally, and his Vengeful Incineration special grants him 50% Protection Up, a buff that is based off of Max Health in SWGoH. Because he is a tank and has a mechanic that reduces his Tenacity, beefing this up with secondary mod stats will help. In addition, boost Paz Vizsla’s Potency to ensure that when he is attacking, he can land debuffs from his special attacks. Finally, adding Offense will help when his bonus turn from his unique does come up, however I would not worry too much about Offense until you get to higher Relic levels when it really is impactful.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Health. I find this interesting and do not take it lightly that there is no mention of Defense at all from the devs in-game. AhnaldT101 has made mention of even looking at Offense mods on Paz, although he took him to Relic 9 immediately, and I am thinking more Defense while the devs say neither. I will keep an eye on this but I will certainly be testing both Defense and Health mod sets on Paz Vizsla.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Paz Vizsla:
Paz Vizsla is not by himself the character to make the Light Side Mandalorians awesome, but he is going to be a very significant piece to the puzzle. For now, I would stick with Defense and Health mods and make adjustments based on your own use of Paz Vizsla in SWGoH.
- Transmitter (Square) – Defense mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with a primary focus on speed and a secondary focus on health, critical chance, tenacity and potency
- Processor (Diamond) – Defense mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Defense mod with a primary focus on health, defense or protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and offense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Defense mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, offense, critical chance and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with a primary focus on health, defense or protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and critical chance or offense
Image Credits: SWGOH.gg & EA Capital Games