Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character here. As your guest reviewer I cannot claim to have definitive answers but all toons I’ve written guides for have been maxed out, modded and tested to the best of my abilities.
Today’s toon to review mods for is one of the sinister six bounty hunters, Cad Bane. He is worth farming in the galactic war store as he’s useful for credit heists, against Jedi teams and Dark Side Territory Battles now that Bounty Hunters are a confirmed special mission squad. A look at his kit shows that his basic attack, GUN SLINGER has a 55% chance to attack twice and a 50% chance to gain 15% Turn Meter (TM) with every attack. His special STUN GLOVE, is unavoidable physical damage which stuns the target and removes 40% TM. TM reduction is raised to 100% for Jedi targets. He has a leader ability, HUNTERS REFLEXES grants all Scoundrel allies +20% Evasion and 25% TM everytime they evade. Finally, his unique, JEDI HUNTER grants him 35% Crit Chance and 20% Crit Damage against Jedi.
Main Mods Focus: A long time ago, in a galaxy much like this one there was the ‘dodge’ meta and Cad briefly troubled the arena with his anti Jedi leader skills taking down Luminara Jedi dodge squads. These days he sits well behind a Boba Fett lead as a 5th bounty hunter, with a back and forth debate as to whether to use him or Greedo. If you fall on the Bane side of the fence you need to focus on amping up his Critical Damage with Health/Protection to improve his squishyness and of course the obligatory big secondary Speed numbers.
Additional Areas to Focus: He’s not a strong defense toon and can get taken down quickly so extra defence and protection really help.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Cad Bane:
I recommend the use of a Critical Damage set of 4 and a Health Set of 2 mods. Here is what I would recommend (although the set bonuses can be gained from any combination of placements as long as 2 are health set & 4 are crit damage set) :
- Transmitter (Square) – Crit Damage mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed/protection/defense/crit chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with +30 speed primary, secondary protection/health/crit chance/defense.
- Processor (Diamond) – Crit Damage mod with defense and a secondary focus on speed/protection/defense/crit chance.
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with a Crit Damage primary and a secondary focus on protection/speed/defense/crit chance.
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Crit Damage mod with a protection primary and a secondary focus on crit chance/speed/health/defense.
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Crit Damage mod with a Health/Protection primary and a secondary focus on health or protection/crit chance/speed/defense.
By Mothman of Descendants of the Empire
Gaming-fans.com Staff Writer
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg