Welcome to the best mods for K-2SO, the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well of your gameplay.
K-2SO has a very interesting kit. His counter attack chance tops out at 97.6% (halved while debuffed). Whenever he uses an ability of any kind, he has a 75% chance to taunt, but that goes to 100% while buffed. His base Armor stat is 13th highest in the game, and his base Tenacity stat of 51% is mid-level. He does not deal much damage, but the debuffs he can inflict can prove to be quite helpful. Let’s take a look at the stats we want to improve upon the most from the use of mods in SWGoH.
Main Focus: Survivability. Keeping K-2SO tanks and alive should be your primary goal for his effectiveness. With Cassian Andor now much more relevant in SWGoH thanks to the addition of Admiral Raddus and Cassian’s new Omicron ability in Territory Battles, expect to see more use of K-2SO in the game in late 2022 and into 2023 with the new Territory Battle incoming. As a result, boosting K2’s very average Health and Protection stats will help, but I would look to Defense as a must-have to boost his strong base Armor stat.
Additional Areas of Focus: Tenacity & Potency. K-2SO is far more effective when he is not debuffed, so high Tenacity is key. You could categorize Tenacity with survivability as a Main Focus which would not be wrong, but K2 needs to be able to both take the hits and resist the debuffs. Potency will help K-2SO debuff his enemies with Offense Down on his basic and Daze with his special. Landing these effectively will make him far more valuable given his 97.6% counter chance.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Tenacity. While I do not completely agree here, the recommendation is not a bad one, just incomplete in my opinion. As I stated above, K2 needs to be able to both take the hits and resist the debuffs. If you focus too much on Tenacity and do not have the needed Health/Protection/Defense from the secondary stats it is not going to help you in battle.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH K-2SO:
K-2SO should be used with Cassian Andor present to maximize his use in the game and I envision them being a staple of the new Territory Battle when released in late 2022 or early 2023. Here is my recommended mod setup for K-2SO:
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency/Tenacity mod with offense primary and a focus on defense, potency, speed and protection or tenacity
- Receiver (Arrow) – Tenacity mod with speed primary and a focus on tenacity, defense, speed and protection or health
- Processor (Diamond) – Defense mod with defense primary and a focus on speed, health, tenacity and protection or defense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Defense mod with defense or health primary and a focus on defense, health, speed and protection or tenacity
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency/Tenacity mod with health or protection primary and a focus on speed, potency, defense and protection or tenacity
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Tenacity mod with tenacity primary and a focus on defense, potency, speed and protection or tenacity
Gaming-fans.com Guest Writer
Originally published March 2017
Revised by LJ, September 2022