Welcome to another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be the First Order TIE Pilot, a Dark Side Attacker who can score some key critical hits and be tough on any team but deadly in a all-First Order team. While he was one of the early member of the First Order in Galaxy of Heroes, the addition of new First Order characters around The Rise of Skywalker was hoped to boost the value of this (currently) low-value character, but the Supreme Leader Kylo Ren kit does not show reason to think it will make FOTP relevant juts yet. Let’s take a look at the best mods for FOTP.
Main Focus: While every character needs speed (yes, I do say this every time because it is true), the First Order TIE Pilot is no different. However, his need for high Critical Chance and Critical Damage are also incredibly important, so we have a 3-way main focus. While his unique, once you apply a Zeta material to FOTP, gives him +30% CC and +30% CD (+15% and 20% without the Zeta), he also gains advantage whenever an enemy falls below full health. If he has advantage it increases the value of his basic attack and causes him to attack again. Then, if he scores a critical hit on the second shot, he regains advantage and the cycle starts anew. Thus, a super-high Critical Chance number makes him deadly. Add in awesome speed and you have him hitting again and again until victory is yours.
Additional Areas to Focus: Offense and Survivability – Defense, Health and Protection. Given his special attack inflicts buff immunity and health down on a critical hit, potency is not necessary – high CC is. Thus, we want to focus on survivability by adding health and protection and increasing defense through mods. Any additional Offense is also of benefit since First Order TIE Pilot is a valuable offensive weapon.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Critical Damage & Critical Chance. No disagreement here as long as you get a lot of Speed from the secondary stats of your mods.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH First Order TIE Pilot:
I am choosing to go with a set of 4 Critical Damage mods and 2 Critical Chance mods to gain as much as possible in these two areas while picking up a ton of speed as well. Here is my preferred mod setup for First Order TIE Pilot:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with offense primary and a focus on speed, critical chance, defense and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with speed primary – anything else gained is a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with defense primary and a focus on speed, offense, health and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with Critical Damage primary – anything else gained is a bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with protection primary and a focus on speed, critical chance, offense and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Chance mod with protection or offense primary and a focus on speed, defense, health and protection