Welcome to the best mods for Qui-Gon Jinn, the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for specific SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Today’s character to review mods for is a Episode I Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn. For the purpose of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, QGJ (see: SWGoH Acronyms) was the head of a very early META in the game as his leader ability granted Jedi allies additional Speed and had value in the Rancor Raid to remove Turn Meter on his basic. But like any game of this style, the power creep over time made QGJ less and less important until he ended up as a low-priority character in SWGoH. However, the introduction of Omicron ability materials in SWGoH in late 2021 once again has players buzzing about Qui-Gon and we are revising this mods guide with that new information in mind. More on that below.
Main Focus: This could go a couple of ways. The new Omicron on his Agility Training leader ability reads, “While in Grand Arena: Jedi allies instead gain Offense equal to 30 times their Speed, doubled while they have Foresight. At the start of battle if there are no Galactic Legends and all allies are Jedi, Jedi allies can’t be defeated if Qui-Gon Jinn is active. Qui-Gon Jinn can’t gain Damage Immunity or Stealth and he can’t be revived. When Qui-Gon Jinn is defeated, all Jedi allies recover 100% Health and Protection and gain 400% of Qui-Gon-Jinn’s Offense for 2 turns.”
With the above in mind you could go with Speed or Offense. You could also consider going with survivability stats. Here is why each can be considered:
- Speed – Given the value of Speed, “Jedi allies instead gain Offense equal to 30 times their Speed, doubled while they have Foresight,” you could go for the added Offense for QGJ by giving him a set of four Speed mods to vastly improve his Offense and Speed at the same time.
- Offense – A set of 4 Offense mods is not a bad idea as “When Qui-Gon Jinn is defeated, all Jedi allies recover 100% Health and Protection and gain 400% of Qui-Gon-Jinn’s Offense for 2 turns.” Thus, if QGJ dies your allies gain 400% of his Offense, thus a higher Offense stat will only be higher when you are talking about 400% of that stat. In addition, his Humbling Blow special grants QGJ Offense Up if he dispels any positive status effects.
- Survivability – Survivability in the forms of Health, Protection and Defense, and it can easily be justified by the line “Jedi allies can’t be defeated if Qui-Gon Jinn is active.” You could take the approach where you make Qui-Gon as tanky as possible to keep him alive and thus keep your Jedi allies alive as well.
Personally, I am going with survivability in the form of 4 Health and 2 Tenacity mods while making QGJ as fast and survivable as possible. I will update this article as needed once I have more data to evaluate.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Offense, Potency and survivability in the forms of Health, Protection and Defense. Speed and Offense are strong plays in the secondary stats depending on which one you focus on first. Given that Health mods are often the most prevalent in the game this may be a good place to find high Speed secondaries if you have a deep inventory of mods. Potency is never a bad play for QGJ as can remove Turn Meter with his basic and survivability stats are always important for Qui-Gon Jinn as he is rather squishy in early gameplay and keeping him alive in the Grand Arena is even more important based on the info above.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Speed & Critical Chance. Yeah, this is an old EA Capital Games mod recommendation that, in my opinion, is outdated and not at all accurate. If you feel otherwise please comment below and let’s discuss why you feel that Speed and CC make the most sense on Qui-Gon.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Qui-Gon Jinn:
Qui-Gon Jinn has a renewed importance in SWGoH and it will be interesting to see how valuable he becomes thanks to this Omicron ability. My best recommendations for the way to mod him are listed below:
- Transmitter (Square) – Tenacity mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, defense and health/protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with a primary focus on speed and a secondary focus on offense, defense, potency and health/protection
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, defense and health/protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with with a primary focus on offense, health, protection or defense and a secondary focus on speed, defense, health & protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Tenacity mod with primary focus on health or protection and a secondary focus on speed, offense, defense and health/protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with primary focus on offense, health, protection or defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, defense and health/protection
Note: Image courtesy of SWGOH.gg
Originally published March 2017. Updated by LJ December 2021.