Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is the Droid Bounty Hunter IG-88. An early common member of the Phase 2 team for many on the AAT or Heroic AAT, IG-88’s droid synergy under a HK-47 lead made him a popular play. The April 2018 Bounty Hunter faction rework saw IG-88 get a Zeta ability added and a new Payout ability when his Bounty Hunter contract is fulfilled.
Main Focus: Speed. The faster IG-88 is the better as he should be your biggest hitter in a standard Phase 2 HAAT team of HK-47 lead, IG-88, IG-86, Chief Nebit and Jawa Engineer. I would ensure IG-88 is super fast, somewhere in the 200-220 range. After you get the speed make him hit hard – details on that are below. While the Bounty Hunter faction is now relevant since the rework, I do not see any reason to change the Speed focus on IG-88 given the value of Speed in SWGoH.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Potency and survivability in the form of Health. Get IG-88 over 50% CC and as close to the max 216% CD as you can, and you will be happy with the results. Potency is an area to focus on since IG-88’s Mortal Wound basic can apply Healing Immunity and Rapid Fire special can inflict both the defense down and ability block debuffs. Rapid Fire also adds a Target Lock debuff to any enemy critically hit after the rework, so his Critical Chance is even more important than before. Critical Damage is the logical tag along to a high CC toon since the hits will be bigger and any additional offense boost is a plus since we know that offense directly impacts Critical Chance and Critical Damage stats as well. Finally, making IG-88 more survivable by adding Health is a good move as each time he recovers 50% Health whenever he damages a Target Locked enemy, so look to pair him with others using Target Lock as well like the Imperial Probe Droid.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH IG-88:
Once upon a time, IG-88 was a regular in the Arena before the Wiggs and Zeta Maul metas, and while many ignored droids at first, the addition of the Tank Takedown raid (AAT/HAAT) was a breath of new life into the 3 FTP droids. But then HAAT became “easy” to many players in high-level guilds and the Bounty Hunters eventually got a rework. In order to maximize IG-88’s effectiveness, getting the right sets of mods is important. I would prefer the mix below to ensure IG-88 has high speed, max CD, high CC and high potency.
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, health and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed – all other stats gained are bonus, but CC and health are preferred
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with critical damage +36% – all other stats gained are bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Chance with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage with +24% potency – all other stats gained are bonus, but CC, speed and health are preferred
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal. Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg