Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well of your gameplay.
Today’s character to review mods for is the generic named, semi-faceless Resistance Pilot. A character who flirted with having value in the game during the Zeta Finn Resistance days, the Resistance Pilot’s value has consistently been very low. With the announcement of the need of RP for the Galactic Legend event to compete to unlock Galactic Legend: Rey, she adds value. But as any endgame player will tell you, taking a otherwise worthless character to Gear 13 and adding the Relic upgrade materials feels like a money-grab, is a total waste and is bad for the game’s long-term health. For now, let’s look at the best mods for the Resistance Pilot.
Main Focus: Potency is key to maximizing Resistance Pilot’s effectiveness, but Speed is also quite important. Pick one of the two and go with it using the other as the top secondary focus – for me I am more focused on Potency than Speed.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Offense and survivability. Speed because it is so annoyingly necessary in this game. While Resistance Pilot will gain TM each time an Exposed enemy is hit, extra Speed to get her to land her special attack, Outmaneuver, is important. Her unique, On the Fly, grants Resistance Pilot a 5% bonus to her Critical Chance, and 25% TM whenever she scores a critical hit. Thus, high CC is a definite must, and since high CC is wise, high Critical Damage goes hand-in-hand. Added Offense will tag along with the CC/CD stats and enhance the potential for very strong damage that comes from RP. Finally, survivability is preferred since the Resistance Pilot is quite squishy, so any extra defense, health and protection you can add is wise.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Speed & Potency. While Speed is indeed important for the Resistance Pilot, I simply have a hard time recommending the use of a set of four Speed mods on a character with just 140 base Speed maxed out. Thus, shoot for Speed from your secondary stats and go for all gold, 5-dot mods (or higher) since Resistance Pilot is just that – a pilot.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Resistance Pilot:
I recommend the use of two Potency or Critical Chance mods and four Critical Damage mods on Resistance Pilot with as much Speed as possible. Here is my recommended approach for mods on Resistance Pilot:
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on potency, speed, health and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on speed and a secondary focus on potency, speed, offense and health/protection
- Processor (Diamond) – Potency mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on potency, speed, offense/critical chance and health/protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on critical damage and a secondary focus on potency, speed, offense/critical chance and health/protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on potency and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and critical chance
Image courtesy of SWGOH.gg