Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is July 2017’s SWGoH Login Character of the Month – Chief Chirpa. In addition to being the month’s login character, Chief Chirpa also got a bit of a boost in his stats and a new Zeta ability in the July 2017 Ewok Faction Pass upgrades.
Main Focus: Speed. I know, this Speed, Speed, Speed trend is annoying, but it is the reality of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. With Speed you can compete – without it you cannot. Thus, get that below average base speed of 116 (128 with both Gear 12+ pieces) up over 200 to get Chirpa’s special attacks into the battle. Add in his Tribal Unity Speed boost and you will really see that Ewok synergy at work!
Additional Areas to Focus: Health, Tenacity and additional survivability. Health is important for Chief Chirpa because his Ancestral Secrets special grants all allies 20% recovery of their Max Health. Thus, all Ewoks should have some focus on Health. Outside of Health and Speed, additional survivability and Tenacity is important to keep Chief Chirpa alive and annoying the heck out of your enemy, while Tenacity keeps him from Ability Blocks and Stuns.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Critical Damage & Critical Chance. Wait, what? I had to go back and look a second time to make sure that I did not mis-read the suggested mod sets in the game on this one. My Gear 10 (5 pieces) Chief Chirpa had 27.25% Critical Chance before mods. Now at Gear 11 (5 pieces) my Chirpa has just 27.79% CC. According to SWGOH.gg Chripa has the 5th highest damage output of the 7 Ewoks, and nowhere in his kit does it mention CC or CD boosts of any kind. I have used the Ewok faction a lot in my time in this game, including some fun early battles with Darth Sion in Phase 2 of the Heroic Sith Raid, in the C-3PO event and regularly in both Territory Wars and the Grand Arena, and never have I thought to put CC & CD mods on Chief Chirpa.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Chief Chirpa:
I recommend the use of Health and Defense or Speed mods to keep Chief Chirpa alive and boost the Speed and Max Health numbers. I have chosen Speed Mods as my preferred mod setup for Chief Chirpa due to the fact that Ewosk are more effective when fast and hitting often, that having been said I realize that the 10% boost is adding just 11-12 Speed on Chirpa because of his low base Speed. Here is my preferred mod setup for Chief Chirpa:
- Transmitter (Square) – Speed mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, speed, health and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Speed mod with +30 speed primary – any other stats gained are bonus, but health, defense and tenacity are preferred
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, tenacity and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, defense, protection and tenacity
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Speed mod with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Speed mod with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, tenacity, defense and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg