Welcome to the best mods for Bo-Katan Kryze, the latest article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
A veteran of the Clone Wars who debuted in the animated series as a member of the Mandalorian Death Watch faction, Bo-Katan Kryze will, over time, dramatically change the Mandalorian faction in SWGoH in 2021. A Light Side Attacker who is a Leader, Mandalorian and Scoundrel, Bo-Katan has a kit that is designed to lead her Mandalorian allies to victory. Let’s take a look at Bo-Katan and the best mods to fit her kit in SWGoH.
Main Focus: While Speed is typically the main area of focus for SWGoH characters, Bo-Katan is obviously not designed to be a fast character given her base Speed of 152. With this in mind, and the expectation that she will be used to lead Mandalorians in SWGoH, I suggest a focus on Critical Chance and Critical Damage first, but with high Speed secondaries. Note that at Gear 13 she has 45.54% Physical CC and at Relic 7 she has 79.46% CC, so unless you have her at a high Relic level quickly, you’re going to want some strong CC from your mod secondary stats.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Potency, Offense and survivability in the forms of Health & Protection. Speed is a necessary evil in SWGoH, so finding the right kind of mods will be key. I suggest any strong CC or CD mods with a high Speed, CC and Potency stat with either Offense, Health or Protection as the fourth stat gained. Potency cannot be overlooked with Bo-Katan as her AoE can dispel and land the Daze debuff which can really mess up your opponent. Offense is never a bad idea for any character who will crit a lot, and the Health and Protection gains from mods will benefit the Stronger Together unique which grants 8% Health and Protection to any Mandalorian ally that attacks out of turn.
Speed Priority: 5/10 – Bo-Katan has a middle-of-the-road base Speed and as a result gets a middle-of-the-road priority for mods with high Speed secondaries. Further testing and time will help us ensure this is accurate, but given the way her kit is designed the mid-level stats point in this direction.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Critical Damage & Health. No strong disagreement here as new characters in SWGoH always have well thought-out mod recommendations by CG. I would make the case that a Potency set with high Health secondary stats could be just as effective as a health set.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Bo-Katan Kryze:
Bo-Katan Kryze has an interesting kit that fits into the Mandalorian faction nicely. While CG recommends a Critical Damage and Health set, I am replacing the Health set with a Potency set to try and take advantage of the Daze debuff from her AoE. Thus, here is my preferred mod setup for Bo-Katan:
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, critical chance and offense/health/protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on speed and a secondary focus on offense, potency, critical chance and health/protection
- Processor (Diamond) – Potency mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, critical chance and offense/health/protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on critical damage and a secondary focus on speed, potency, critical chance and offense/health/protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on health or protection and a secondary focus on speed, potency, critical chance and health/protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on potency or offense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, critical chance and health/protection