Welcome to the best mods for Maul, the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the top mods for SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Today’s character to review mods for will be for Maul, the non-Darth version, who was added through the Galactic Conquest game mode in 2021. An Unaligned Force User who is a former Sith, Maul is described in-game as a “unrelenting attacker that uses his anguish to crush his foes,” and he fits well on Lord Vader teams or as a leader with Mandalorians. Let’s take a look at which mods will best enhance Maul’s kit for SWGoH success.
Main Focus: Health. Maul has a complicated kit that requires some concentration to understand as the use of Anguish can impact the battle dramatically. While his base Speed of 189 makes him one of the fastest non-GL character in the game, Health is going to do more for him than anything. Anguish is described in-game as, “takes damage at the start of their turn equal to 2% of their Max Health for each stack of Anguish and gains that much Offense until the end of their turn.” The Offense gained is the key to this as the higher the Max Health, the higher the Offense gained, so boosting his Max Health is incredibly important.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Offense, Critical Chance, Critical Damage and Potency. Speed is a necessary evil in this game, so getting high Speed from the secondary stats is a must as you want Maul around 300+ Speed. Potency will help Maul land Offense Down and Buff Immunity, while additional Offense is always going to help a high damage character like this. Note that Maul has +15% Offense from his unique already. Additional Critical Chance and Critical Damage can help as Maul has just 46.13% CC at Gear 13 and 64.12% at Relic 7. Also worth noting when considering CC/CD enhancements is that Maul’s Seething Rage special deals True Damage, thus it cannot crit.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Health.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Maul:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. If you target Health, Speed, Offense and Potency through the mods you should be able to maximize Maul’s kit. I personally looked for Health mods with high Speed, Offense and Health secondary stats. Here are my recommendations for the best mods for Maul:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with speed primary and a secondary focus on health, potency and offense
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with health or offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and potency
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with health primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and health
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with health or offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and potency
Image Credits: EA Capital Games & SWGoH.gg
Originally published by LJ on 11.09.21