Welcome to the best mods for Darth Malgus, the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the top mods for SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used and studied every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Today’s character to review mods for will be for Darth Malgus, the prize of Conquest 16-18 in Galaxy of Heroes. A member of the Sith Empire faction, Darth Malgus is a tank and a Sith Leader. Let’s take a look at which mods will best enhance Darth Malgus’ kit for SWGoH success.
Main Focus: Health. Health is the key to his special attack Dark Deception which deals true damage equal to 40% Darth Malgus’ Max Health and inflicts Doubt on the enemy for 2 turns. In addition, his basic hits Jedi twice, with a 20% Max Health boost with the second attack, thus feeding this special. The higher his Health is the more effective the Dark Deception strike will be, and pairing these together will make the Sith Empire very difficult to face in any game mods, especially the Grand Arena.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Offense, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Potency, Tenacity and survivability in the forms of both Protection and Defense. Darth Malgus has the ability to Blind and Shock enemies as well as cast Doubt upon them, so added Potency is going to help a lot. In the Grand Arena, Malgus is going to be a tough one to deal with thanks to three Omicron ability upgrades, granting Sith Empire allies CC and CD up as well as added CD and Offense per We Have Returned stack. Added tenacity will, as always, help keep the debuffs away, and additional Protection will only help as he gains additional Max Protection to supplement his high Max Health numbers mentioned above. Defense is not a stat that looks like a focus based on Darth Malgus’ abilities, but when you look at his base stats you find that his Armor stat is second in the game only to Clone Trooper Fives, so using a Defense set could prove quite valuable.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Health & Defense. As expected, Health is a main recommendation, and Defense is the other recommendation, based on the high base Armor stat for Malgus.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Darth Malgus:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. If you target offensive stats through the mods you should be able to get a lot out of the new member of the Sith Empire. Here are my recommendations for the best mods for Darth Malgus:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and potency or critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with speed primary and a secondary focus on health, protection, offense and critical chance
- Processor (Diamond) – Defense mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and critical chance or potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with critical damage primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and critical chance
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with health primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, critical chance and potency or health/protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Defense mod with health, potency or offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, critical chance and potency or health/protection
Image Credits: EA Capital Games & SWGoH.gg