Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is the Droid Bounty Hunter IG-88. A common member of the Phase 2 team for many on the AAT or Heroic AAT because of his droid synergy under a HK-47 lead, IG-88 was a regular in the Arena in early 2016.
Main Focus: Speed. The faster IG-88 is the better as he should be your biggest hitter in a standard Phase 2 HAAT team of HK-47 lead, IG-88, IG-86, Chief Nebit and Jawa Engineer. I would ensure IG-88 is super fast, somewhere in the 200-220 range. After you get the speed make him hit hard – details on that are below.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Critical Damage and Potency. Get IG-88 over 50% CC and as close to the max 216% CD as you can, and if you have him and the others on the Phase 2 AAT/HAAT team up to Gear 11 with good speed, a consistent 1 million points (or more) each time is your reward. If the speed and gear are not in line you can still do nice damage, but for the big numbers you need the big speed and CC/CD numbers. Any additional offense boost is a plus since we know that offense directly impacts Critical Chance and Critical Damage stats as well. Potency is also an area to focus on since IG-88’s Rapid Fire special can inflict both the defense down and ability block debuffs. Not running IG-88 in the AAT/HAAT? These mods translate well in the Galactic War and Arena as well.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH IG-88:
Once upon a time, IG-88 was a regular in the Arena before the Wiggs and Zeta Maul metas, and while many ignored droids at first, the addition of the Tank Takedown raid (AAT/HAAT) was a breath of new life into the 3 FTP droids. In order to maximize IG-88’s effectiveness, getting the right sets of mods is important. I would prefer the mix below to ensure IG-88 has high speed, max CD, high CC and high potency.
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, potency and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed – all other stats gained are bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with critical damage +36% – all other stats gained are bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Chance with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage with +24% potency – all other stats gained are bonus
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal. Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg