Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s character to review mods for is Rebel pilot Wedge Antilles. Used correctly (paired with Biggs), Wedge has proven to be one of the most valuable members of your AAT or Heroic AAT team in the early days of that Raid, as well as a mainstay in the Arena for the second half of 2016. However his importance fell off dramatically in SWGoH until he was announced as a required character to unlock Galactic Legend Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. Let’s take a look at the mods needed to maximize Wedge’s kit in Galaxy of Heroes.
Main Focus: While most SWGoH characters need Speed as a major focus, the main focuses for Wedge Antilles are Critical Chance and Critical Damage. Because I suggest focusing more on Speed with Biggs Darklighter, for those who lack mods with high speed secondaries, I would ensure Wedge is fast, but put my better Speed secondary mods on Biggs since Wedge assists his Comrade-in-Arms attack. For Wedge, just make sure his CC is high – he checks in at 64.33% at Relic 3, the Relic level needed in the Jedi Master Luke Skywalker requirements – so boosting this a bit with a maxed CD is recommended.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Health, Potency and Offense would be the other areas to focus. Higher health numbers benefit your Rebels when he is their leader as he grants 15% max health to each Rebel on a critical hit and 25% max health when they defeat an enemy. While Wedge’s leadership value is much lower in today’s SWGoH, Health continues to benefit his use. Potency is very important because you want Wedge to score a Defense Down debuff on your opponents when possible, and Speed is a given for all SWGoH characters. Any additional Offense boost is a plus since we know that offense directly impacts CC and CD stats as well.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Critical Chance & Critical Damage. No disagreement here.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Wedge Antilles:
Wedge used to be one of the top-used characters in the Arena in 2016 and later thanks to the introduction of other new characters. In order to maximize his effectiveness, getting the right sets of mods is important. I would prefer the mix below to ensure Wedge Antilles has max CD, high potency, high CC and a strong health number. Note a multiplexer/plus mod with offense (over potency as I have recommended) is not necessarily a bad choice, depending on how you use him.
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on speed and a secondary focus on potency, health, offense and critical chance
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on critical damage and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and critical chance
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Chance with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage with primary focus on offense or potency and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and critical chance
Image courtesy of SWGOH.gg