Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is the biggest name in the Star Wars Galaxy – Luke Skywalker, now Farmboy Luke. While the Luke Skywalker we have had in SWGoH since day one is not the equivalent of the greatest Jedi to ever live, or even a Jedi, the introduction of Commander Luke Skywalker to the game in August 2017 was much-needed. Farmboy Luke’s kit in this game was rather bland focusing highly on critical hits, but an August 2017 rework will give him a nice boost. Let’s take a deeper dive into his abilities and how to mod “Farmboy Luke” in SWGoH now that we know the details of his rework.
Main Focus: Speed. I am once again sticking with Speed because it is so annoyingly necessary. Luke starts off with a base Speed at 125 (expanded to 137 with the addition of new Gear 12 pieces) which is not that bad but also not great. Building him to the 180-200 range would be important to ensure he hits more often so you can use the critical hits to your advantage.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance first, but then Critical Damage and survivability. Looking at his basic, Frontier Marksmanship, Luke gains 40% Turn Meter on a critical hit and inflicts a Damage Over Time debuff for 3 turns. His Bullseye special Stuns the target on a critical hit and inflicts Defense and Speed Down. Meanwhile, his unique, Draw A Bead, grants Luke a 25% Critical Chance and 10% Critical Damage (stacking) until the end of the encounter with his Zeta ability.” Similar (but obviously not identical) to the Asajj Ventress unique Zeta, if you have 216% Critical Damage in a long encounter (Territory Battles and Raids) this can stack to make Farmboy Luke very powerful.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Luke Skywalker:
I recommend the use of six Critical Chance mods on Farmboy Luke with as much Speed as possible before the rework, but with the changes I am making an adjustment to go with 2 CC mods and 4 Critical Damage mods for the CD boost. Thus, here is my recommended approach for mods on Luke Skywalker:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, speed, health and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed primary – any other stats gained are a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with +36% Critical Damage – any other stats gained are a bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, critical chance and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg
Base speed is not 125, starts out around 100
His base Speed is indeed 125 according to SWGOH.gg which recently was increased to 137 with the new Gear 12 pieces. Base Speed is how fast he is maxed out.