Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is the biggest name in the Star Wars Galaxy – Luke Skywalker, now Farmboy Luke. While the Luke Skywalker we have had in SWGoH since day one is not the equivalent of the greatest Jedi to ever live, or even a Jedi, the introduction of Commander Luke Skywalker to the game in August 2017 was much-needed. Farmboy Luke’s kit in this game was rather bland focusing highly on critical hits, but an August 2017 rework will give him a nice boost. Let’s take a deeper dive into his abilities and how to mod “Farmboy Luke” in SWGoH now that we know the details of his rework.
Main Focus: Speed. I am once again sticking with Speed because it is so annoyingly necessary. Luke starts off with a base Speed at 125 (expanded to 137 with the addition of new Gear 12 pieces) which is not that bad but also not great. Building him to the 180-200 range would be important to ensure he hits more often so you can use the critical hits to your advantage.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance first, but then Critical Damage and survivability. Looking at his basic, Frontier Marksmanship, Luke gains 40% Turn Meter on a critical hit and inflicts a Damage Over Time debuff for 3 turns. His Bullseye special Stuns the target on a critical hit and inflicts Defense and Speed Down. Meanwhile, his unique, Draw A Bead, grants Luke a 25% Critical Chance and 10% Critical Damage (stacking) until the end of the encounter with his Zeta ability.” Similar (but obviously not identical) to the Asajj Ventress unique Zeta, if you have 216% Critical Damage in a long encounter (Territory Battles and Raids) this can stack to make Farmboy Luke very powerful.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Luke Skywalker:
I recommend the use of six Critical Chance mods on Farmboy Luke with as much Speed as possible before the rework, but with the changes I am making an adjustment to go with 2 CC mods and 4 Critical Damage mods for the CD boost. Thus, here is my recommended approach for mods on Luke Skywalker:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, speed, health and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed primary – any other stats gained are a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with +36% Critical Damage – any other stats gained are a bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, critical chance and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg