Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
The final character added to the game around the promotion of SOLO: A Star Wars Story, Range Trooper is a fun addition to the Imperial Troopers faction and obviously a member of the Empire. His kit fits the Imperial Troopers well as early debate had him replacing Shoretrooper or Snowtrooper, but today we will concentrate on which mods are best for the Range Trooper and address team makeup below.
Main Focus: Survivability – more specifically Health. Range Trooper is another one of those tricky characters with special Protection stats that are actually based on Max Health. Don’t get me started on that… Anyway, higher Health means that the Protection Up from Steady is a higher number which helps his survivability.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Offense and more survivability. Speed never hurts and is rarely wasted on any character, but Range Trooper is not as Speed dependent as most characters in Galaxy of Heroes. The Retribution gained from Steady and assist attacks from Power In Numbers will help reduce the need for extreme Speed numbers. Any additional Offense is helpful to ensure Range Trooper hits harder, and since he will likely be under a General Veers lead in most battles, he will gain 30% Offense and 20 Speed from Veers’ leadership. More survivability in the forms of Defense and Protection is not bad, but when given the choice of Health or Protection, always go high Health numbers. Final thought – using Range Trooper in an all Imperial Trooper squad is highly recommended with both General Veers (lead) and Colonel Starck. Starck will provide the buffs needed to ensure Range Trooper’s Take Aim basic hits harder and ensure more assists from his Imperial Trooper teammates from his Power In Number unique. Shoretrooper’s Regroup special also buffs the entire IT team so consider using him on the squad as well.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Range Trooper:
Range Trooper has a tricky kit making his mod setup more of a challenge. Depending on how your prioritize him on your roster, I recommend and I am testing a set of 4 Offense mods with a set of 2 Health mods. Thus here is my ideal mod setup for Range Trooper:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection, and defense
- Receiver (Arrow) – Offense mod with +30 speed and a secondary focus on health, protection and/or defense
- Processor (Diamond) – Offense mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and defense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Offense mod with a primary focus on critical damage or health and a secondary focus on health, offense, speed and defense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Offense mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on defense, protection, health and speed
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with a primary focus on health or offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg