The Geonosian Territory Battles were launched in June 2019 starting with with the Dark Side battles, officially named Geonosis: Separatist Might and then followed by Geonosis: Republic Offensive on the Light Side in December.
The Geonosis: Republic Offensive Territory Battle features four Phases which, at least at the start, last 36 hours each. Each of the four Phases of the event has a Special Mission rewarding Mk II Guild Event Tokens in Phases 1, 2 and 4 and Ki-Adi-Mundi shards in Phase 3.
The following is a Walkthrough of my experiences in Phase 1 that will be updated over time. Phase 1 has four total Combat Missions and a Special Mission, with two of the Combat Missions requiring 7-star Jedi with no power requirement. Below is what I used on Jedi CM in the South territory.
Phase 1 (South) Jedi Combat Mission Requirements:
- Minimum 7-star characters
My Roster of Jedi Heroes:
- Jedi Knight Revan – 29,844 power – 7-stars – Gear 13, Relic 3 – Six 6-dot mods (Offense & CC sets) – all abilities maxed, 293 speed
- Bastila Shan – 24,496 power – 7-stars – Gear 13, Relic 2 – Five 6-dot mods & 1 Gold, 5-dot mod (Offense & Health sets) – all abilities maxed, 252 speed
- Grand Master Yoda – 25,399 power – 7-stars – Gear 13, Relic 4 – Five 6-dot mods & 1 Gold, 5-dot mod (CD & CC sets) – all abilities maxed (except leader ability), 288 speed
- Jolee Bindo – 30,042 power – Gear 13, Relic 7 – 7-stars – Four 6-dot mods & 2 Gold, 5-dot mods (Health, Defense & Tenacity sets) – all abilities maxed, 232 speed
- Hermit Yoda – 24,397 power – 7-stars – Gear 13, Relic 1 – Two 6-dot mods, four gold 5-dot mods (Speed & Health sets) – all abilities maxed, 305 speed
Phase 1 (South) Jedi Combat Mission Battle Notes:
01.17.20 – Let me preface this with stating that a Level 7 Relic on Jolee Bindo is key to the success of this team and we have updated the rating of his Relic in the corresponding review article.
The battle begins with two Geonosian Soldiers, a B1, a MagnaGuard and a stealth Geo Spy as the first wave of enemies. I grant Master’s Training from HYoda to Jolee to start to get his defense up and work on the B1 first, then I try to hit the Geos as much as the MagnaGuard will allow me. Removing the Geo Spy is important to avoid his big hits, so when JKR is up I target the Geonosian Spy and try to have Yoda remove Turn Meter. Outside of this I just pick the enemies off one by one to advance and gain 523,900 Territory Points.
The second wave of enemies features a B2, a Geo Soldier, a BX-series Commando Droid, two B1s and a Sniper Droid. I focus all attacks on the B2 to remove him before he takes a single turn (HYoda’s Master’s Training plus extra attacks from GM Yoda help make this possible), then use JKR’s target to start removing the B1 Battle Droids. After taking these three out I finally look at the Sniper Droid’s blue “Charge” buff and realize that he gains 5% offense per stack. Given he is already at 18 stacks I am changing my attack strategy to focus on him now… I am able to survive to take him off the map then I target the Commando droid leaving the Geo Soldier for last, which offers no challenge, but I missed the Territory Points total so I cannot report on how many after two waves of enemies.
The third wave of enemies are a B2, two B1s, a B1 Heavy Gunner and a Command Battle Droid (Elite). B2 is my focus and while I do take on one attack from the enemies before he is down, the Relic levels and mods I have on this team are proving to hold up quite well. Unsure of how I want to proceed, I decide to take these B1s out and see how this effects the B1 Heavy Gunner. As I suspected, once the B1s are both down the Heavy Gunner takes a single shot to kill, so I am now down to the Elite Command Battle Droid who is not easy, but I am able to defeat without too much trouble. I am now at 1,092,000 Territory Points after three waves of enemies.
The fourth and final wave of enemies are a full team of (5+1) Geonosians led by the Geonosian Brood Alpha. I am able to land several hits on the GBA, and target him with JKR, only to become frustrated by the way the Health of all Geos continues to regulate. When they finally start to attack they kill off JKR and Bastila, then Jolee revives them both, but the momentum is in the favor of the bad guys. The Geos next target Jolee and once he is dead there is no way to win this battle. 1,092,000 Territory Points are my final tally, a small miracle in my opinion in this ridiculous Territory Battle.
Phase 1 (South) Jedi Combat Mission Battle Notes:
After fighting this with the best Jedi I had available in 2020, a year later this mission looks a lot different. I now have a much stronger roster, and after using Jedi on the Padme Special Mission (GK, JKA, Ahsoka and Barriss), and using five Jedi to beat the Combat Mission in the middle (JMLS, JKR, GAS, Bastila and Jolee Bindo), I am using what I have left at Gear 13 on this mission (details below).
- Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker – 32,283 power – 7-stars – Gear 13, Relic 7 – Six 6-dot mods (Offense & Healthsets) – all abilities maxed, 167 speed
- Grand Master Yoda – 25,543 power – 7-stars – Gear 13, Relic 4 – Six 6-dot mods (Speed & Health sets) – all abilities maxed (except leader ability), 321 speed
- Plo Koon – 22,480 power – Gear 13, Relic 4 – 7-stars – Six 6-dot mods (Speed & Potency sets) – all abilities maxed, 265 speed
- Hermit Yoda – 32,344 power – 7-stars – Gear 13, Relic 7 – Six 6-dot mods (Speed & Health sets) – all abilities maxed, 329 speed
- Old Ben – 28,978 power – 7-stars – Gear 13, Relic 5 – Six 6-dot mods (3 Health sets) – all abilities maxed
02.11.21 – This battle is all about using Heroes Arise and having it available at the start of each wave of enemies. I forgot to chronicle my battle and have it sitting on the 3rd wave of enemies right now so I cannot go through the detailed attack order, but as always I look to remove the Sniper Droids and Droidekas whenever they are around. When’s Luke’s AoE stun is available I use it to control the enemies, and getting Hermit Yoda to heal and GM Yoda to take frequent turns and buff the team are key. Old Ben is here for an occasional taunt and the AoE Ability Block and debuffs, and Plo Koon is really just inserted onto this team but fits well granting TM to the team and dispelling at times with his basic.
The third wave of enemies begins with the Heroes Arise on the Droideka, followed by Luke and Old Ben’s AoE debuffs. From there I look to keep the enemies stunned or reduce TM when I can with GM Yoda as I ignore the T-Series Tactical Droid. As I get the the final two enemies I start using basics when possible to reduce cool downs and setup the final wave of enemies.
In the final wave General Kalani is the leader and that limits effectiveness against the B1 Battle Droid on-screen. Luke’s stun is key of course, and after killing the Droideka I use single attacks I hit the B1, and mass attacks I target the BX droid. I leave Kalani alone and kill off all other enemies for the win and 1,501,500 Territory Points.