Welcome to the best mods for the Grand Inquisitor, the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Today’s character to review mods for will be the Grand Inquisitor, the newest character in the game at the time of this writing. I was able to first day unlock the Grand Inquisitor, and you can follow my walkthrough if you would like. The Grand Inquisitor appears in live action in the Obi-Wan Kenobi series and in the animated Star Wars rebels series as well. He is a Dark Side Attacker who is a member of the Empire, Inquisitorius and Unaligned Force User factions. Let’s take a look at the best mods for Grand Inquisitor to make him more effective on your roster.
Main Focus: Speed. The Grand Inquisitor is an Attacker and in SWGoH you need 99% of your offense-driven characters to have high Speed to get as many turns in as possible. While I am not convinced that a Speed set is necessary, high Speed secondaries are a must.
Additional Areas to Focus: Offense, Critical Damage, Potency and survivability in the forms of Health, Protection and Tenacity. If used as a leader, the Master Inquisitorius leadership grants all Empire allies +20% Health and Protection and 10 Speed, but if all allies are Inquisitorius an additional 46% Max Health and Protection and 15 Speed. Offense and a Critical Damage triangle are a must with the Grand Inquisitor’s kit, as he can not only gain Offense Up but also gain Defense Penetration Up from his leadership, and can gain stacking Offense from his unique, while he also scores Crits based on the stacks of Purge on the enemy with his basic. Finally, Potency is huge for all of the Inquisitorius characters to inflict Purge and a variety of other debuffs as well. Tenacity helps keep the Grand Inquisitor from getting Ability Block or other negative status effects.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Offense and Tenacity. Offense was definitely expected, but Tenacity is an interesting one. I can see why – you do not want the Grand Inquisitor getting Ability Blocked, but using a Tenacity set on such an offensive character is a bit surprising. Testing will be needed to see if this is a good recommendation or not.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Grand Inquisitor:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. If you target Speed, Offense, Critical Damage, Potency and survivability stats like Health and Protection through the mods you should be able to maximize the Grand Inquisitor’s kit. Note the Multiplexer (Plus) mod will likely be dependent on your mod inventory. Here are my recommendations for the best mods for Grand Inquisitor:
- Transmitter (Square) – Offense mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and health, protection or tenacity
- Receiver (Arrow) – Offense mod with speed primary and a secondary focus on offense, potency, health and protection or tenacity
- Processor (Diamond) – Offense mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and health, protection or tenacity
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with critical damage primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and health, protection or tenacity
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Offense mod with a health or protection primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and health, protection or tenacity
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with an offense, health or potency primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and health, protection or tenacity