Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is one of the most well-know Star Wars characters of all time – General (Obi-Wan) Kenobi. A Hero of the Clone Wars, General Kenobi had one of the most impressive resumes of any Jedi in history. He sliced Darth Maul in half and later killed him in battle, he killed General Grievous in battle and nearly killed Darth Vader before the black suit and mask. In his later life his teaching helped Luke Skywalker become a Jedi thanks in part to Yoda and Qui-Gon Jinn’s mastery of the Living Force and communication via Force Ghosts.
For the purpose of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, General Kenobi shards are the prize from beating the Heroic Tank Takedown (AAT). A discussion that has been debated in my Guild is how to use GK – as a tank or an attacker. Overall the consensus is that the role of an attacker, or even a balanced character, seems to be less effective than using him as a well-tooled tank. Thus, my suggestions are below.
Main Focus: Survivability. Defense, Health and Protection should be your main areas to focus on given GK’s best-used role is as a tank. If you use him with a pair like Chirrut Imwe and Baze Malbus where several Heal Over Time buffs will be prevalent, it would make sense to focus more on Health than Protection.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed and Tenacity. Speed is key since you want General Kenobi to dispel the debuffs placed on your squad, so work hard to get high Speed secondaries when possible. Tenacity helps out by warding off the detrimental effects, specifically Stuns, as if he is stunned GK will do you no good.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH General Kenobi:
While much of this can depend on how you prefer to use GK, I went with a blend of Health and Defense mods. Here is my preferred mod setup for General Kenobi:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health/Defense mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, speed, health and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health/Defense mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, defense, health and tenacity (only go this route is you have a big speed secondary, otherwise a +30 speed primary may be a better choice for you)
- Processor (Diamond) – Health/Defense mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, tenacity and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health/Defense mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, defense, health and tenacity
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health/Defense mod with primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, tenacity, health and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health/Defense mod with primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, tenacity, defense and offense
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal. Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg