Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is the biggest name in the Star Wars Galaxy – Luke Skywalker. While the Luke Skywalker we have had in SWGoH has not been the equivalent of the greatest Jedi to ever live, or even a Jedi, the talks of Commander Luke Skywalker continue to build as we expect more in August 2017. Luke’s kit in this game was rather bland focusing highly on critical hits, but an August 2017 rework will give him a nice boost. Let’s take a deeper dive into his abilities and how to mod “Farmboy Luke” in SWGoH now that we know the details of his rework.
Main Focus: Speed. I am once again sticking with Speed because it is so annoyingly necessary. Luke starts off with a base Speed at 125 which is not that bad but also not great. Building him to the 180-200 range would be important to ensure he hits more often so you can use the critical hits to your advantage.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance first, but then Critical Damage and survivability. Looking at his basic, Frontier Marksmanship, Luke gains 40% Turn Meter on a critical hit and inflicts a Damage Over Time debuff. His Bullseye special Stuns the target on a critical hit and inflicts Defense and Speed Down. Meanwhile, his unique, Draw A Bead, grants Luke a 34% chance to gain Critical Chance Up for 2 turns at the start of each of his turns, so if we up the Critical Damage we will have him hitting harder since the critical hits should be piling up already. Also, note that when I published this I stated “that his unique maxes out at Level 7 – thus we have room for a future Zeta ability.” Now we know a Zeta is indeed coming as his new Unique ability text will grant him +25% CC with stacking CD boosts of 10% per turn until the end of the encounter. Thus, if you have 216% Critical Damage in say, HAAT Phase 2 or 4, after 8 turns his CD could be almost 300%! With the right Mods Farmboy Luke may have just become relevant.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Luke Skywalker:
I recommend the use of six Critical Chance mods on Farmboy Luke with as much Speed as possible before the rework, but with the changes I am making an adjustment to go with 2 CC mods and 4 Critical Damage mods for the CD boost. Thus, here is my recommended approach for mods on Luke Skywalker:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, speed, health and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed primary – any other stats gained are a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with +36% Critical Damage – any other stats gained are a bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, critical chance and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg