Welcome to another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be Pao. A Rebel attacker who had a small part in Rogue One, Pao was one of the many who died while making the acquisition of the Death Star plans possible. In SWGoH, Pao has an unimpressive kit and has not really received much love or play other than Smithie D’s video Pao: To Gear or Not To Gear.
However, with Territory Battles requiring Rogue One toons (why is that not yet a faction?) in specific missions, some may need to use Pao, Bodhi or Bistan in battles since they are all easy farms. Let’s take a look a at the best mods for Pao.
Main Focus: Speed is going to be the main focus for Pao in order to make sure he gets to use his two attacks frequently. His basic attack can hit the enemy up to three times, and the use of basic attacks by his allies gives him a 70% chance to refresh his cooldowns, so if Pao is a major character for you get him as much Speed as possible.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, offense and survivability. While Speed is the constant in SWGoH no matter the character, Potency is likely the second most needed area of focus from mods. Pao’s Sonic Grenade special attack has a 55% chance to inflict Defense Down and sets up for his basic quite nicely, so adding Potency helps one help the other. Survivability in the forms of health, protection and defense will help him stay alive and any additional offense can help him hit harder.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Pao:
I am choosing to go with sets of Health, Defense and Potency mods – three sets of two – to gain as much as possible with a focus on speed and survivability. Here is my preferred mod setup for Pao, however you can mix and match these mod types however you like:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with offense primary and a focus on defense, potency, speed and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Defense mod with a primary focus on Speed (this is a great place to use a +19 or +21 speed arrow) – anything else gained is a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Potency mod with defense primary and a focus on health, speed, potency and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with offense primary and a focus on potency, health, speed and protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Defense mod with health or protection primary and a focus on speed, potency, defense and protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Potency mod with a primary focus on potency (this is a great place to use a +18% or +21% potency plus) – anything else gained is a bonus