Welcome to the best mods for IG-11, the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the top mods for SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Today’s character to review mods for will be the newest addition in SWGoH, IG-11. One of the stars of season one of The Mandalorian, IG-11 is seen during the season in two roles, first as an Assassin Droid and later as a Nurse Droid after being reprogrammed by the Ugnaught Kuiil. In SWGoH, IG-11 is a Light Side Droid character who is also a Scoundrel and a Healer.
Main Focus: Health. IG-11’s Max Health is key to his second special, Nurse Droid Protocol, and his unique, Child’s Favor. He starts with a base Max Health of 46,687 (at Gear 13) which is the 7th highest Health stat in the game for non-Galactic Legend characters, but he is also very fast with 177 base Speed. But his Health stat comes into play in multiple other ways as his Nurse Droid Protocol special grants a target ally 30% of his Max Health, and his Child’s Favor unique grants IG-11 “Max Protection equal to 20% of his Max Health. If Kuiil is an ally, IG-11 gains 40% instead and Taunts for 2 turns at the start of each encounter.” As a result of all of these, I would suggest going all-in on Health mods if you plan to use him with Kuiil extensively.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Protection, Defense, Potency and Tenacity. All survivability stats are important for IG-11 as he quite unique having the Healer role while also being able to taunt. He gain 20% Protection on his basic when all enemies are debuffed, and Potency will help his FUNCTION: PROTECT special land Tenacity Down more reliably. Any added Defense and Tenacity will help him live longer and use his abilities as intended, and adding Speed through the secondary mod stats will ensure he takes his turns more quickly.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Health & Potency. Until you have a Zeta on IG-11 I would not bother with having a ton of Potency, but I do see that as a 7-star, endgame kind of value. I will continue to test this out and report back on my findings since I will get IG-11 to 5-stars shortly after his release and test him significantly.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH IG-11:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways as our analysis of each character is based on their kit and can be a bit subjective as well. If you target survivability stats through the mods with a heavy emphasis on Health, you should be able to maximize IG-11’s kit nicely. Here are my recommendations for the best mods for IG-11:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on health, speed, potency and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) –
- Option A: Health mod with speed primary and a secondary focus on health, tenacity, potency and protection or defense
- Option B: Health mod with health primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, tenacity and protection or defense
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection and potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with health primary and a secondary focus on health, speed, tenacity and potency or protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with health primary and a secondary focus on health, speed, potency and tenacity or protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with health or protection primary and a secondary focus on speed, tenacity, health and protection
Image Credits: SWGoH.gg and EA Capital Games