Welcome to the best mods for Wrecker, the latest article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
A member of “The Bad Batch,” a clone commando special forces squad that was active during the Clone Wars, Wrecker was introduced in SWGoH in April 2021 as the third member of the Bad Batch faction, joining Hunter and Tech. Wrecker is a Light Side Tank character who is a Clone Trooper and belongs to the Galactic Republic and Bad Batch factions. Let’s take a look at Wrecker and the best mods to fit his kit in SWGoH.
Main Focus: Survivability in the forms of Health and Protection. Wrecker gains +20% Health & Protection for each Bad Batch ally at the start of each battle from his unique, and the I Hate That Word special sees his Clone Trooper allies recover 5% of Wrecker’s Max Protection unless he is Furious, then they gain 20% of his Max Protection. In addition, Hunter’s leadership also grants Bad Batch allies +35% Max Health and +35% Max Protection, and if he has a single stack of Translation that adds another 30% Max Health. As a result, these two survivability numbers can stack to SWGoH record highs making Wrecker a real pain in the butt to face.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, survivability in the forms of Defense and Tenacity and Speed. First off, all Bad Batch allies gain +50% Potency from Hunter’s leadership, so this character should already start off strong which will help him land Speed Down on Target Locked enemies with his basic and Stun from his Wrecking Ball special when he is Furious. Outside of that I would focus mod stats on defensive survivability across the board. In addition to Health and Protection, added Tenacity will help him ward off detrimental effects and allow him to use his abilities and Defense is not a bad area of focus as well given he will be taking a lot of hits. Finally Speed is the necessary evil of SWGoH, so keep an eye on how more testing works with the Bad Batch to see how Speed fits in with this character.
Speed Priority: 2/10 – For now I am going with an 4 for the Speed Priority for Wrecker until we know more about the Bad Batch characters.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Tenacity. Given how important Health and Protection are to Wrecker’s kit, I am surprised that only Tenacity is listed by the devs for the in-game mod recommendation. Until we have the other Clone Force 99 character kits, I continue to feel that it is best to follow the in-game mod recommendations, but I have a Health set on Wrecker early on as well.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Wrecker:
Wrecker is the third member of the Bad Batch faction and will surely fit into that team quite nicely given it is perfect for a game like Galaxy of Heroes. While CG recommends three Tenacity sets, I could see a Health set used as well. Either way, here is my preferred mod setup for Wrecker:
- Transmitter (Square) – Tenacity mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on health, protection, speed and tenacity/defense
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with a primary focus on health or protection and a secondary focus on health, defense, tenacity and potency
- Processor (Diamond) – Tenacity mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on health, protection, speed and tenacity/defense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with a primary focus on health or protection and a secondary focus on health, protection, speed and tenacity/defense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Tenacity mod with a primary focus on health or protection and a secondary focus on health, protection, speed and tenacity/defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Tenacity mod with a primary focus on health or protection and a secondary focus on health, protection, speed and tenacity/defense